Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Famous Chicken Salad

Everyone always asks for this recipe after they eat it! Really it is one of the easiest things that I make!
So I start by baking off a bunch of chicken breast in the oven on a cookie sheet with a generous amount of salt and pepper. In the meantime I chop up some red grapes, red onion, celery, and toast some walnuts in the oven. Once the chicken is cooked all the way through i chop it up into bite size pieces and place them in a large bowl, along with the previous ingredients. I throw in a good amount of mayo, not miracle whip or any thing light or fat free I am talking about 8 grams of fat per tablespoon mayo, all I ever use! Then I put in about a quarter cup of red wine vinegar, about a quarter cup of sugar, some more salt and pepper. Mix this together and TASTE! Don't be afraid to add more seasoning, I really think that in general people under season their food. Any way like most salads this always tastes better the next day so try to plan ahead and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you experiment with boneless beef ribs so I can steals the recipe!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Wendy now I have a project for the weekend! Stay tuned for the results...

    ReplyDelete