Monday, May 10, 2010

Homemade Ginger Ale

So, took a chunk of ginger and peeled it, sliced it into thin pieces. I then added about four cups of water and boiled it for awhile. I stuck my finger in the pot and the water was very sharp and gingery. In a different pot I made a simple syrup, equal parts sugar and water, I let this come it a boil and shut it off, I think that I did two cups of each. Then I strained the ginger out of the first pot and put it in my compost bin. Then I added the ginger infused water and the simple syrup together. This was very potent. I then mixed the ginger syrup about 50/50 with club soda and ice. It is awesome, and worth all the work. It's kinda nice cause you can mix it how you like it! I can't wait to make some more infusions!

1 comment:

  1. I might steal this one. Robert buys Canada Dry ginger ale...but I want something more gingery.

    ReplyDelete